Saturday July 8th, 2017 – Eight gardens in
Southwest Minneapolis will be featured on this
self-guided tour from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
To celebrate this special anniversary, the 2017 tour will include food trucks and a drawing to win a 1-hour Master Gardener consultation. As always, Master Gardener volunteers will be on hand to answer questions and each garden highlights informational education stations and demonstrations.
- Irrigating Lawns — Proper Practices and New Technology
- Decorative container gardening
- Edible Gardening/Pollinators (More edible gardening information)
- Hydroponics (More hydroponics information)
- Native Plants to Enhance Your Landscape
- Vermiculture Composting
- IPM — Managing Pests in the Garden
- Boulevard Rain Garden
- The Raptor Center
- Pruning Trees and Shrubs (More information)
- The Minnesota Horticulture Society
- Tips for Gardening with Children
- Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS): From Garden to Cafeteria
- Fermenting Vegetables 101
- Vertical Vegetable Gardening (More information, Vertical gardening photos)
Stop at the Garden Shed to shop for garden-themed art, birdhouses, mason bee houses and outdoor accessories. And don’t miss the Book Nook where you’ll find a wide variety of gardening books, including several by local authors.
You may purchase tickets on-site at any garden on the list.
Tickets are $20 the day of the tour.
Quantity discounts are available—10 tickets/$125 and 20 tickets/$250. Children under 12 get in free when accompanied by a paying adult.
TRAFFIC ALERT 07/08/17: 35w IS CLOSED BETWEEN BURNSVILLE AND 494. THIS AFFECTS OUR FRIENDS COMING FROM THE SOUTH. ALSO NOTE THAT THE LIFETIME FITNESS TRIATHALON IS IN THE LAKES AREAS. THIS MAY AFFECT 50TH STREET AND STREETS AROUND THE LAKES. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE!
Come hungry and enjoy the food trucks near 3 garden locations.
- A Peace of Cake—freshly made mini-donuts with your choice of toppings and sauces, and coffee.
- Alimama’s Sambusa Mediterranean Cuisine—sambusas, falafel, hummus, salads, iced coffee and more.
- Doc E’s BBQ—ribs, brisket, pulled pork sandwiches, nachos, smoked beans, roasted corn and more.
Thank you to our 2017 tour advertisers.
- Alimama’s Sambusa
- Bartlett Tree Experts
- Cowsmo Compost
- Doc-E’s BBQ
- Dundee Garden Center, Landscape & Floral
- Ecogarden Supply
- Glacial Ridge Growers
- Heidi’s GrowHaus Nursery and Garden Center
- Kelley and Kelley
- Mason & Helmers Litigation Attorneys
- Mother Earth Gardens
- Orchids Limited
- Prairie Restoration
- Tangletown Gardens
- True Nature Design
All proceeds help support the University of Minnesota Extension Master Gardener Program—Hennepin County community programs. (Admission includes entry to all eight gardens, a booklet with garden descriptions, locations with driving instructions and on-site demonstration details.)